PV Team Member: Curriculum Developer
Solar Energy International (SEI) is a 501(c)3 non-profit education organization with a mission to provide industry-leading technical training and expertise in renewable energy to empower people, communities and businesses worldwide. Founded in 1991, SEI has trained more than 45,000 people from around the world. As an organization, we are committed to offering the highest quality, unbiased renewable energy training that we can. We are a group of people passionate about renewable energy and are continually striving to be the best training organization that we can be.
SEI’s PV Curriculum Development Team, which consists of six PV experts who receive input from over 40 SEI instructors, is seeking to hire additional members to assist with updating SEI’s over 400 hours of PV curriculum, and assist with developing new curriculum. SEI’s Curriculum Development Team is based throughout the US.
Job Description: Successful candidates for our PV Curriculum Developer position will: combine PV technical knowledge with the ability to effectively communicate these concepts to various audiences; enthusiastically participate and communicate in a team-environment while being self-directed; engage in evolving SEI’s educational models; meet deadlines; and continuously strive to meet SEI’s standard of quality and professionalism with our instruction.
This position is full-time (40 hours), based remotely but will involve a few weeks a year at SEI’s home office and lab facility in Colorado. Salary dependent on experience. Additional benefits include health insurance, paid time-off, and a retirement package.
Applications due May 17th. Ideal start date is mid-June. To apply, please submit your resume, including industry-specific training, cover letter, and three references in one combined PDF to Faye Coats at email@example.com.
- Technical editing and developing of SEI’s PV curriculum, including PowerPoints, exercises, quizzes, and videos for online and in-person trainings, including:
- Updating course curriculum, structure, and format
- Ensuring online and in-person curriculum are cohesive
- Soliciting, tracking, and implementing instructor feedback
- Participating in the development of new PV courses and SEI textbooks
- Developing conference and contract curriculum
- Instruct PV courses in-person and online, as needed
PV Team Member
- Attend weekly PV Team meetings, participate on subcommittees, and engage in SEI staff meetings
- Represent SEI at industry conferences
- Participate in SEI’s annual PV instructor training
- Assist registration staff with student placement and general technical questions from the public
- Minimum of 3 years of experience installing and designing PV systems and a strong technical understanding of best practices, industry standards, and the National Electrical Code
- Minimum of 2 years of experience creating curriculum and/or instruction
- NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installation Professional
- IREC Certified preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Preference for bilingual, Spanish/English languages
- Ability to work and communicate well in a team environment, under tight deadlines, and to adapt to new situations
- Experience and expertise using MS PowerPoint and MS Office, Adobe Illustrator, CAD, and other industry-specific software
- Ability to work self-directed in an online, virtual environment and with a remote team
- Ability to communicate efficiently with co-workers via email and Skype
- Requires occasional travel to SEI, conferences, and other SEI trainings
The post SEI Career Opportunity: PV Team Member – Curriculum Developer appeared first on Solar Training - Solar Installer Training - Solar PV Installation Training - Solar Energy Courses - Renewable Energy Education - NABCEP - Solar Energy International (SEI).